Another week, another stack of chips. This week’s chips look like this:
As you can see, some solid coding at the start of the week. As I said last week, I made a script to create GIFs from a config file on the command line. I improved it, and wrapped it into the source for my GIFs site which I redid this week.
Particular highlights for me (beyond now being able to make a gif in a couple of minutes) are being able to change or add something and just type
make to get the gif.
I run make in a loop when I’m tweaking the sub-second timing of captions and so can just save the file, wait a second and hit refresh in Safari. Honestly, half the time I spent on a gif now is writing and rewriting the description that goes on the page.
So, after remaking the site I then spent the last two days of the week playing some board games with Ryan, avoiding my study once the sun hits the west, and just adding more gifs. There’s a lot of Lilo & Stitch there now. Next up, the weekend!