Okay, that's not entirely true, but for more weeks than not I would've had a stack of white or pink chips and nothing else. That wouldn't have been interesting so I didn't bother with the chips, and the knock-on effect from that was that I also didn't bother writing anything.
And that was a mistake.
For one thing, I've learned some things about editing videos, and using tools to overlay content. Nothing groundbreaking, but I could've been writing about my discoveries. Or about the many tricks I've been employing to make my videos less boring, or smoother to watch from a non-livestream perspective. I'm hoping to fix that with my next game, and to write up at least a few paragraphs on anything new in each video as it is published, rather than me trying to retrospectively remember what I could possibly write about for each now-published video.
This past week I've been preparing for Eurovision.
Specifically I've been going through previous Eurovision contests to collate the acts and scores, to create a repository of Eurovision data that I can then use to start to add historical information to the site promoting my live Eurovision Drinking Game twitter experience.
As the most error-prone part was going to be going through hundreds of scoring data points, I've written a script to fetch that and create the data files for any given show. I then go through each by hand, add the artists/singers and try to find some basic information about each (name, dates of birth/death, country they are from).
I've also added a set of tests to ensure the data makes sense and no artists, singers, or songs are accidentally duplicated or reusing IDs (I'm using slugs made from their names, so there's a likely chance of some accidental duplication).
So far I've worked through 1956 to 1969. One of my goals for week 12 is to bring that up to at least 1989.